60 to 79 Vacation Plan
– For travellers aged 60 to 79, providing emergency medical coverage for a trip of up to 30 days, with no medical questionnaire.
- Providing travel cancellation and interruption coverage, protection of baggage and personal effects, as well as accidental death and dismemberment benefits. Available on a single trip or multi-trip basis.
- Providing emergency medical coverage for an unlimited number of trips of up to 4, 9, 16 or 30 consecutive days outside of Canada - PLUS unlimited travel within Canada, outside of your province or territory of residence.
Single Trip Daily Plan
- Providing emergency medical coverage for a trip of up to 212 days for Ontario residents, or any number of days allowed in your province or territory of residence.
- For even more plan options, call 1.855.444.1635
and a customer service representative will help you find a plan that meets your needs.
- Wide range of emergency medical and non-medical benefits
- Up to $5 million of coverage for emergency medical benefits
- No age limit for coverage (family coverage available for ages 59 and under)
- Flexible plan options
- 24-hour assistance included – around the world, day or night
Medi-Select Advantage® Travel Insurance Plan Details
A medical emergency away from home without travel insurance can cause considerable emotional stress and financial difficulty. Many travelling Canadians and Snowbirds are not aware of the staggering cost of a medical emergency outside their province or territory of residence and may not be aware that their Government Health Insurance Plan (GHIP) will only cover a portion of their cost.
As a member of PPAO, you have convenient access to a wide range of flexible travel insurance solutions at preferred rates from RSA – a trusted provider of travel protection. To access these rates, simply call 1.855.444.1635.
Flexible plan options available to accommodate you and your family's needs:
Single Trip Plans
- Single Trip Daily Plan providing up to $5M of emergency medical coverage.
- 60to 79 Vacation Plan providing up to $5M of emergency medical coverage for travellers aged 60 to 79, for a trip of up to 30 consecutive days - all without needing to fill out a medical questionnaire.
- Canada Plan providing up to $5M of in Canada (out-of-province) emergency medical coverage - all without needing to fill out a medical questionnaire.
- Single Trip Non-Medical Plan providing coverage for trip cancellation and interruption, as well as coverage for lost baggage and personal effects.
- Multi-Trip Annual Plan providing up to $5M of emergency medical coverage for an unlimited number of trips of up to 4, 9, 16 or 30 consecutive days per trip. Travellers aged 80 and over can choose between 4, 9 or 16 consecutive days per trip.
- Multi-Trip Non-Medical Annual Plan providing coverage for travel cancellation and interruption, as well as coverage for lost baggage and personal effects, for an unlimited number of trips of up to 4, 9, 16 or 30 consecutive days per trip. Travellers aged 80 and over can choose between 4, 9 or 16 consecutive days per trip.
- 40-Day Supplemental Multi-Trip Annual Plan for Public Service Health Care Plan (PSHCP) members providing supplemental emergency medical travel insurance coverage to their existing PSHCP plan, for an unlimited number of trips of up to 40 consecutive days outside the province or territory of residence.
Emergency Medical Benefits(1) – Up to $5 million of coverage
Hospital and medical expenses
Private duty nursing
Escort of children
Treatment of dental accidents
Preparation and return of remains
Air ambulance services
Return of spouse or children
(1) Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply.
Travel longer and stay covered
Need additional days of coverage for an existing group travel plan?
Call 1.855.444.1635 before you leave to discuss available options.
Visitors to Canada
Visitors to Canada Travel Insurance offers to PPAO members, as well as their friends and families, medical protection to visitors to Canada who are waiting for permanent resident status in Canada or while they are simply visiting Canada.
The Visitors to Canada plan includes:
Coverage for members and their families for up to $100,000 ($150,000 available for those aged 69 and under).
Meets Super Visa insurance requirements.
No age limit for coverage.
Automatic coverage for small trips outside of Canada, other than to the home country.
New policies can be purchased for stays in Canada longer than one year.
How does Visitors to Canada Travel Insurance meet Super Visa requirements?
Anyone applying for a Super Visa must provide proof that they have private medical insurance coverage that meets certain requirements. Emergency medical insurance from Visitors to Canada Travel Insurance meets the requirements as it will:
Be valid for a one-year period from the time you specify,
Be issued by a Canadian insurance company,
Provide a minimum coverage of $100,000 ($150,000 is available to those aged 69 or under),
Cover emergency medical care, hospitalization and repatriation, and
Be valid for each entry to Canada and available for review by a port of entry officer.
Apply today by calling
A wide range of travel insurance options are available.
Call 1.855.444.1635 and a customer service representative will help you choose the plan that will best suit your travel insurance needs.